Comfort food – oh, how I heart thee! There is nothing like sitting down to nice bowl or plate of your most favorite comfort food after a long day…or ANY day, for that matter. That is why I’m happy to share a list of delicious 10 Comfort Food Recipes.
The expression “comfort food” seems to have been traced as far back as 1966, when the Palm Beach Post used it in a story on obesity titled, “Sad Child May Overeat”. “Adults, when under severe emotional stress, turn to what could be called ‘comfort food’—food associated with the security of childhood, like mother’s poached egg or famous chicken soup.”
I can’t say that I disagree with that! My go-to comfort foods are usually a big pot of homemade chicken soup or a beef stew. I love anything with a homemade comfort that I can cozy into.
This list of 10 Comfort Food Recipes is sure to give you that taste of home. They just need that extra bit of love added from you.
- Creamy Chicken Casserole – A Mindful Mom
- French Dip Sandwiches – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff – Simply Stacie
- Veggie-Packed Beef Stew – Raking in the Savings
- Quick & Easy Classic Chicken Noodle Soup – Frugal Mom Eh!
- Kielbasa Potato Soup – The Kitchen is My Playground
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore – It’s Me, Debcb!
- Chicken and Tomato Meatballs Recipe – Thrifty Jinxy
- Cattle Drive Casserole – Who Needs A Cape?
- Broccoli Beef Stir Fry – Mom vs the Boys
Do you have a favorite comfort food that you love to make?