Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Uggs are a major investment when it comes to buying quality boots. However, along with the good quality, there is also the responsibility to take good care of them. If you own a pair or more of uggs, here are certain tips that will help you take good care of them.
1. Use water and stain repellent to treat your uggs.
You have paid a lot of money to buy the boots you wanted; as such seeing them spoil definitely hurts. The best thing to do is to treat your uggs with a water and stain repellent right after you take them out of their box. This helps to prevent any initial staining and works toward keeping dirt from going into the boot’s material.
2. Do not let your uggs soak in water.
The sheepskin uggs are generally of high quality and there are also varieties available, but you need to take care of the maintenance and the cleaning of the ugg boots.
3. Avoid direct heat sources.
Direct heat source like radiators, electric heaters and especially the sun have negative effects on uggs. They fade their color and make its material dry and brittle thus not fit for use.
4. Using cleaning products directly can spoil your uggs.
The best way to clean your uggs would be to first put the cleaning solution on a sponge or cloth. This helps to avoid splotches or stains on them. The proportion of cleaning solution must be equal to the water taken. Dip a sponge in the solution and rub the area that is intended to be cleaned gently. Using force can spoil them.
5. Uggs need to be completely dry before storing.
Letting them dry before storing them is highly important. This process must not be done in haste and it must be noted that uggs usually take 24 – 48 hours to dry completely.
6. Uggs should be stuffed with paper or a rolled towel when stored.
The reason people do this is that they have a tendency to shape out over time due to moisture. These boots are very sensitive to their surrounding hence stuffing them with a plain paper or a rolled towel will help retain their shape when stored.
7. Uggs are not meant for places that could scratch, scuff or dirty them unnecessarily.
The comfort provided by these boots usually makes us want to wear them everywhere we go. Wearing them on a hiking trip or extreme rain or snow can have a negative effect on the boots.
Sheepskin uggs are famous among celebrities also:
· Sheepskin boots have regained their fame and have successfully paved their way into stardom. The fact that celebrities storm to buy them and someone as famous as Opera Winfrey bought 350 pairs for her staff shows how great these boots are.
· True, that the better the quality the higher the price but if the boots are of genuine sheep skin and are used with care, they will last for a really long time. When it comes down to the fashion aspect, sheepskin slippers are found in a variety of colors that cater to nearly everyone’s needs.
· Apart from color, they have an incredible array of styles. From slippers that look like suede shoes to simple slip-ons, the options are plenty and are definitely a women’s paradise.
Interestingly, Sheepskin slippers are not only fashionable; they also come with health benefits. Lanolin in sheepskin is very good for skin and can limit itchiness and irritation. High-quality sheepskin uggs also act like a spring, cushioning a person’s foot, taking its shape and distributing the said person’s weight equally.
Like this post? Pin it for later!