This post was created in partnership with Mom Buzz Media. All opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.
Two of our three kids love anything that has to do with art. Our oldest used to draw all the time and we couldn’t keep up with enough sketch pads and pencils until we bought her a drawing tablet. Our youngest loves to paint, draw, and color all the time. The thing is, I have never really given them “proper” art lessons. I have found some here and there online but it would be great if I could find lessons in order and for each grade/age level for them. Thanks to ArtSquish, this is possible! ArtSquish is an indispensable site for Art Educators: K-12 teachers or homeschool parents.
There are 2 Sections to Artsquish:
- Free JuiceBar blog has all kinds of information about teaching art, with tips, tricks, & techniques.
- Subscriber section is the art class revolution realized: Weekly lessons, a teaching system, and classroom How-to articles; everything you need to be the teacher you want to be – all while saving you tons of time.
With ArtSquish, you get lessons in order and broken into grade levels so it is easy to find what you are looking for. With a subscription, you will get weekly lessons as well as access to past lessons. For each lesson, everything is there that you will need to teach along with a list of needed materials. This way, you can look ahead, if you are on a past lesson, to make sure that you have the needed materials. Each lesson is tailored for classroom teaching and homeschool settings, such as ours. One lesson is usually broken into 2 or more parts so you can get in at least 2 days worth of Art class in a week. This is great for planning out your school lessons for the week or even month!
With lesson plans arranged for you, you get:
- classroom teaching outlines
- what to expect
- lesson objectives
- glossary definitions
- special tips
- sample classroom dialog
- Art history component
We sat down with our 8 year old for the Grades 3 – 5 lessons and started with Week 1. She really enjoyed it so much that we were able to complete the entire lesson in one sitting! Week 1 is all about Foundations – Start Drawing!
Check out ArtSquish on Social Media:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/artsquish
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/artsquish
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/artsquish/