CTC Math is a new online math program that we were able to review with J14. This is a complete online math tutor proven to raise grades and I was excited to try out the 12 Month Family Plan with her since she is always struggling. We have 2 younger children that could get some use out of this program but, for this review, we focused on Basic Math and Pre-Algebra for our oldest. I have my own struggles with math so it is nice to be able to have an online tutor for both of us! This type of tutor is different from a live tutor because you can stop, rewind, or even get ahead of the lesson depending on how well you are picking up on the lesson.
One of the best things about homeschooling is that the children can go at their own pace when it comes to learning.With CTC Math, you have the freedom to do just that. You have 24/7 unlimited access to tutorials PLUS there are even printable worksheets that go along with them. We skipped over the worksheets if J14 did well enough on her practice questions. See the freedom?!
When starting out the review, I had J14 use it 5 days a week. We usually do math daily during the weekdays so this was not out of the ordinary. After using CTC Math alongside her other online curriculum (taking out the math program so she can focus on CTC Math), we decided to drop down to 3 days a week with CTC Math. This was so that she wouldn’t have to feel rushed to get through each tutorial and practice questions and/or worksheets.
Here is a basic breakdown of what CTC Math consists of:
- Tutorials – 1400+ tutorials that last from 4 – 9 minutes each. They are presented in a step-by-step fashion using audio and animation. The Basic Math and Pre-Algebra tutorials were no baby-fied down so that was great. My J14 is a no fluff kind of girl when it comes to her schooling…lol.
- Interactive Question or Worksheet – After the tutorial, you can choose to have the student complete an online, interactive worksheet or a printable worksheet. We used the online version and only printed them out if she needed extra practice. The online version is automatically graded and stored into the ongoing progress report for the student.
- One Page Summaries – Each tutorial has a page that can be printed and kept in a folder or binder that sums up what was taught. This is great for reviewing later.
- View Worked Solutions – After online worksheet is completed, you can print out the fully workable summaries of each step that should have been taken to reach the correct answer. This is also great for reviewing later.
- Marking and Reports – CTC Math keeps an ongoing progress report for each student. Students and parents can both keep track of progress. It keeps track of each lesson attempted, scores and even how much time and effort was put into each lesson.
J14 hasn’t had any complaints and has actually said that this is the style of learning math that fits her best. If your child is struggling with math, I highly recommend using the Free Trial to see if this would suit your child. The complete 12 Month Family Plan is $297 and is for 2 or more students. Monthly is $39.97. Single Student Plans are $197 for 12 months or $29.97 per month.