This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lysol®, Finish®, Woolite®, and Air Wick®. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s our favorite time of the year again – Spring Cleaning time!! Yes, I am being totally sarcastic but there are some people who really do get excited over this stuff. I look at “Spring Cleaning” as a way to declutter and get rid of items. It’s also when you can clean items that are normally forgotten about, like the dishwasher.
The dishwasher is one of those things that you don’t normally think you should have to clean. I mean, it does have soap run through it every day, right?! Well, there is also food particles, hard water, soap buildup, and more that can actually lessen the cleaning power of your dishwasher.
I was recently asked by Reckitt Benckiser to create some unique tips for using a product and I wanted to share with you how to spring clean your dishwasher.
How to Spring Clean Your Dishwasher
What You Will Need:
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Cleaning Cloths or Paper towels
- Old toothbrush
- Start with an empty dishwasher and remove racks and utensil holder.
- Remove the spinning arm, grate, and any filters you may have & place them in a sink filled halfway with water and 1 cup of white vinegar to soak. You can also use a toothpick to clean out any clogged holes in the spinning arm.
- Clean out any debris in the bottom of the dishwasher with a paper towel.
- Wipe down the inside door of the dishwasher with vinegar water, making sure to also get the edges really good. You can use a toothbrush with a baking soda & water paste to get any hard to clean areas.
- Wipe down parts in the sink & reassemble in the dishwasher.
- Add 2 cups of white vinegar to your dishwasher. You can do this by sitting it on the top rack in a measuring cup or just dumping it in the bottom.
- Run the dishwasher on a short cycle & turn off the heat dry.
- Stop mid-cycle to allow the vinegar to sit on the bottom for about 20 minutes, then continue the cycle.
- Wipe down the outside of the door and make sure to give those buttons a good scrub.
To keep your dishes nice and clean, I like to use Finish detergent and Finish Jet Dry Rinse Aid.
- For spotless glassware, use a Rinse Aid.
- For drier dishes, use a Drying Aid.
- For clean dishwater, use a Machine Cleaner.
- For tough stain removal, use a Detergent Booster.
Time Saver Tip: Use a rinse aid in your dishwasher and you won’t need to dry your plastics when you put them away!
- Right now, Target has a Cartwheel Coupon Offer (Available 4/2-4/29/17): Get 5% off any Finish Item
- Additionally, buy any 2 Finish Premium L & XL (MiO & Quantum) & 16oz RA additive and get a $5 Target Gift Card.
Spring cleaning can take a few minutes out of your day & doesn’t need to be done all at once. Once you get a project complete, stand back & admire your work! Some other great product coupons to use for the rest of your Spring cleaning needs are Lysol, Air Wick, & Woolite.
Do you have any great Spring cleaning tips that you’d like to share with us?