Originally posted on our homeschool blog, Benoit Academy
During the summer we had read about the Vikings & Leif Erikson and we were all fascinated. This is how the viking unit came to be & we started out the school year with it. Here are some resources that we used (ALL FREE!):
Viking Unit Study
- Viking lapbook
- Viking boy paper craft
- Horrible Histories Viking Explorer Game
- My awesome homeschool mama friend did her own unit on the Vikings here. She also has a chalkboard mural!
- Another lapbook/unit from Dynamic2Moms.
- Make a viking helmet!
- Video of a longboat construction.
- Viking Webquest…..write your own saga!
- Viking Myths : Norse Mythology. We drew a huge Yggdrasil Tree & labeled all of the different realms & beings.