Watergate Salad is a tradition in our family. Every time we get together with my mom’s side of the family we always make sure to have this. I am usually the one to volunteer to make it (it IS super easy after all!) I make sure to scoop a little bit to set aside without the pistachio pudding or any type of nuts for my grandfather who is allergic. Our recipe consists of pistachio instant pudding, cool whip, cottage cheese, and crushed pineapple with juice mixed together in a bowl. Easy Peasy.
This version of Watergate Salad that I found and just HAD to share is sweet and creamy. Instead of a salad bowl, you use sugar cookie dough instead!
Watergate Mini Tarts
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls; place in 24 mini muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned.
- Cool cookie shells in pans 10 min. Run knife around cups to loosen. Remove cups to wire racks; cool completely. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spoon pudding mixture into cookie shells just before serving.
The cookie balls will transform into shells as they bake – no need to press them onto bottom and up side of each cup before baking as directed.