Chocolate and banana are just two flavors that blend together perfectly. Find a new and tasty way to use ripe bananas with this chocolate chip banana bread! Whip up this moist, tender banana bread studded with chocolate morsels.
Funny story about Banana Bread – when my middle sister and I were kids, our stepdad was baking some banana nut bread. When we asked what it was, he replied (by accident), “Banana butt bread”. We giggled so much and still to this day will not let him forget it and I think about that every time I come across banana nut bread!
Here is the recipe below for this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
What You Need
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until blended. Add eggs and sour cream; mix well. Add bananas and combined dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Pour into greased and floured 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 min.; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing. Refrigerate leftovers.