I am not a huge fan of frosting but chocolate frosting is my weakness. I can eat spoonfuls of it out of the container until my teeth scream at me. I don’t know what it is about chocolate that makes me put myself through it but I can’t help it! I have found a much tastier and creamier version: Chocolate Creme Frosting Recipe. Marshmallow creme and cream cheese add a rich, fluffy texture to this luscious chocolate frosting that’s sure to be the crowning touch on any cake.
Chocolate Creme Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese softened
- 1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer until blended.
- Add marshmallow creme, cocoa powder, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy after each addition.
This easy-to-prepare recipe makes about 2-1/2 cups frosting – enough to frost the tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers, top and sides of the 13×9-inch cake, tops of three 8- or 9-inch layers or tops of 24 cupcakes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes Servings: 16
- 414 calories
- Fat 31 g
- Carbs 32 g
- Protein5 g