Having dealt with acne since I was about 10 years old, I have had my (un)fair share of scars. Now that I have just turned 36, it looks like I need to start dealing with wrinkles and frown lines along with the scars. Growing up sucks! My poor skin doesn’t know what age it’s supposed to be! This is why I was super excited to be able to try out Worryless by Dermaflage. Worryless by Dermaflage is a 3D silicone filler which fills and conceals scars and wrinkles! It was invented by a Special Effects makeup pro and used on TV and movies. The silicone replicates the tone and texture of skin.
- Non-irritating, non-allergenic 3-step application
- Non-invasive – no injections, no pain
- Dermatologist & clinically tested
- Matches your skin tone
- Can be applied to skin cancer scars on the face and body
- Lasts up to 36 hours- even while swimming or showering
If you want to wear makeup with Dermaflage, mineral makeup is best. Do NOT use liquid makeup with it. The instructions say that if you want to wear makeup then you should apply it BEFORE applying Dermaflage. The Starter Kit that I received is enough for 2 -3 months. This will most likely last much longer for me since I don’t wear makeup a lot or go out that often to need it for that matter.
- 2 Applicators of your chosen tone (Bronze, Dark, Fair, Golden, Rosy, Tan) I received Fair.
- Primer with Brush
- Mixing Stick
- Precision Application Tool
- 10 Mixing Tips
- Texture Pad
3 steps to applying Dermaflage:
- Prime – This looks like a tiny bottle of nail polish. Brush it all around the area that you want to conceal. This will ensure that the silicone sticks to the skin. If using makeup, apply powder (NOT liquid) now. Mix Dermaflage in the texture pad compact OR twist onto the mixing stick and apply to skin. You will only have 30 seconds to smooth on the silicone or it will harden!!
- Apply – Using your finger or the application tools, apply to the area that you want to conceal. Smooth it out to the surrounding skin. Use smooth strokes instead of dabbing or patting it on.
- Texture – Gently press the texture pad onto the silicone for 30 – 50 seconds using constant, even pressure.
I’m not going to lie – this is a product that needs some practice before applying it perfectly! I tried it and so did my 14 year old daughter. I had to do it twice and it came nothing close to be picture-worthy. My daughter took a few closeups of her scar on her face before and after:
As you can see from above, the After image shows that it still needed to be smoothed more. It says that you have 30 seconds to use the mixture before it starts to harden but it seemed like it was already hardening before we could get it smoothed on like we wanted. You have to work FAST. We will try Worryless a few more times to (hopefully) perfect the technique. While it is on it feels light enough that you don’t even really feel it.
Where To Buy
Dermaflage.com – $50.00 Each kit comes with 2 tones in your color family. Dermaflage will send you another tone free if it is not a perfect match!
One lucky reader will win their own Worryless Starter Kit by Dermaflage (RV $50)!! Entering is simple using the widget below.
Rules: This giveaway is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other social media. The winner will be chosen randomly and contacted by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. US only. Daily Deals From a Nerd Mom is not responsible for prize shipment. Dermaflage will be in charge of that.