Back to School time has come and gone so now it is time to prepare for the holidays. This is my favorite time of the year and I love getting in the kitchen with the kids to create some fun holiday-themed food.
Here are some fun Halloween and Christmas DIY snacks to get you started, thanks to Ozery Family Bakery. The best part? Ozery Family Bakery carries an array of vegan, fruit-infused bread alternatives!
About Ozery Family Bakery
Ozery Bakery started out with two brothers and one big idea in 1996 out of the back of the family’s sandwich shop. With alternatives to traditional bread products that are made from hearty whole grains, fruits, and seeds, demand grew by 1998. They began selling their flatbreads to local specialty and health food stores in downtown Toronto. Soon after, the brothers opened a small commercial bakery to support the requests for their products in Ontario, Quebec, and eventually the United States. ( store locator )
Everything we make is intended to help you eat well and feel good. ~Ozery Family Bakery
Halloween DIY Snacks
Re-create these fun and tasty treats with caramel, peanuts and nut butter using Ozery Family Bakery’s Cinnamon Snacking Rounds!
Crunchie Creepy Crawlies: This DIY peanut butter & jelly spooky Halloween treat will keep the kids busy after school, using Ozery Family Bakery’s Cinnamon Snacking Rounds.
Egg Nog Bread Pudding (using Ozery Family Bakery’s Muesli Morning Rounds)
- 1 package Muesli Morning Rounds, cubed (6 cups)
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large mixing bowl, pour melted butter over cubed Muesli
Morning Rounds. Stir to combine until the bread soaks up all of the butter.
- Whisk together eggnog, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Pour mixture over bread.
Stir in pecans and raisins. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, butter 4-6 individual dishes or one 11 x 7 baking pan. Pour in bread mixture
into individual dishes. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon, and bake for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Keep in mind that baking time is variable depending on the size of your baking pan. The
pudding is done with the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes
out clean. Serve warm, topped with freshly grated nutmeg.
Chocolate-Dipped Lavash Crackers (using Ozery Family Bakery’s Organic Spelt Lavash Crackers)
- 12 Organic Spelt Lavash
- 2 bars dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 2 crushed candy canes
You can find more recipe ideas on the Ozery Family Bakery website.