My 9 year old loves RC vehicles but it’s hard to find one that’s not too cheap, for younger kids, or doesn’t break the bank. We were able to get our hands on the Hot Wheels Street Hawk Remote Control Flying Car and it was a great fit! Apparently we aren’t alone in our thinking since it’s an award winner of The 2014 TimetoPlayMag.com Most Wanted Toy List.
Did you know that Hot Wheels has been kids’ favorite push around and racing cars for over 45 years? That’s why when I saw the name Hot Wheels, I knew that I was getting a great quality toy. The Street Hawk is awesome since not only is it a RC car, it’s also a FLYING car!! It has proportional ground steering, plus the aerial performance of a plane! How neat!
The Street Hawk is durable and lightweight, which allows it to perform impressive aerial maneuvers and fly up to 200 feet in the air.
Here are some quick product highlights:
- Ground-to-air action for versatile fun
- As a high speed car, the 2.4 GHz transmitter provides 360° proportional ground steering and
- dual 8 mm electric motors
- Flies over 200 feet with its dual propellers spinning over 35,000 RPMs
- Pair up to six vehicles in one location to face off with your friends
- Package is reusable and portable for on-the-go action
- Charges using the transmitter or a USB cable (not included)
- Requires 3.7V LiPo battery (included)
The remote takes 6 AA batteries which are not included. There is a charging cord inside the bottom of the remote so you can attache it to the vehicle to charge. If you would rather save your batteries, you can use the included USB plug.
You can find the Hot Wheels Street Hawk Remote Control Flying Car, Orange/Blue at Toys R Us on sale right now for
$59.99 $49.99 plus free shipping for orders $49+ and on Amazon.com for $46.00 + free Prime shipping.