I received the Ozmo Smart Cup for review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own.
When I was younger, I was never one to drink water willingly. I was a sweet tea gal and then eventually a coffee fanatic. As I got older, I realized that I was starting to feel dehydrated with the dry skin and mouth, chapped lips, even the dreaded UTI. I started to make myself drink more water until I eventually felt normal and I turned it into a habit. The hubs even brought home one of those gas station 64 oz. mugs for me. I always make sure to drink at least one full mug per day, sometimes even 2 or 3! It’s nice, but not practical when leaving the house with it. Plus, I am bad about drinking while out or at someone else’s house. It would be nice to have a reminder to drink my water.
Keep Hydrated with the Ozmo Smart Cup
Ozmo apparently heard my request because they came out with a Smart Cup and App that helps with just that. Seriously, a SMART CUP, that syncs up with an app via Bluetooth! It’s true when they say, “there’s an app for that!”
The Ozmo Smart Cup tracks how much water and even coffee you drink each day. By downloading the free app for iOS and Android devices and connected the cup through Bluetooth, you can see real-time stats each time you take a drink!
- LED Light Display – 3 lights on the side of the cup show your hydration goal without the app.
- 16oz Capacity – nice sized cup that fits in most cup holders so it is easy to travel with. The only problem that I have is that it doesn’t fit underneath my iCoffee Opus so I have to use a mug and then pour it into the Ozmo Cup if I want to track my coffee intake as well.
- Battery Life: 3 weeks, takes 60 min for a full charge – I love that the battery life is so long because really, who remembers to charge a cup??
- Leak Proof – the flip top lid helps keep you from spilling the contents inside but I did have a few drips come out when it was closed while testing it out. I wouldn’t recommend laying it sideways, but who does that??
- ABS Plastic outer body, Tritan BPA free inner body
- Bluetooth Connectivity 4.1 – According to Ozmo, the app is “currently optimized for Samsung Galaxy and iPhone smartphones and works best with Android Lollipop a Marshmallow, stable app will be released shortly.” Apple Health and Fitbit syncing coming soon.
- BPA free dishwasher safe inner sleeves – I personally have not put the cup in the dishwasher for fear of ruining it. I’m not sure what they mean about the inner sleeve being dishwasher safe because, as far as I can tell, the inner sleeve doesn’t come out. I just simple hand wash it.
- Vibration alert system – Here’s where the smart cup reminds you to drink if it hasn’t detected any movement of the cup! After so many minutes, the cup will do a short series of vibrations to tell you to drink up.
Ozmo Water App
User profile feature; Automatic calculate hydration goal based on gender, age, height, weight and activity level; Log amount of daily drink; Minimalist UI and easy use.
In other words, plug in your personal stats such as gender, age, weight, height, and how active you are. The app will then give you a suggested hydration goal. Mine is 85 oz per day.
The Ozmo Cup automatically detects if you are drinking water or coffee, I assume by the temperature of the liquids. If you aren’t connected to Bluetooth then you can add in the amount you drank in the app manually. The one thing I wish was different about the app is that it doesn’t keep a log of each day once it is over. I noticed this because I do not go to bed until after midnight most nights. When I went to check my app before bed one night, it had started over for the next day since it was just a few minutes after midnight. This would be a great feature to have so you can keep track of your water intake over a week or month’s time and would encourage you to either keep it up or do better.
I personally only use it for water now and I love the vibrating reminders to drink. Having it with me on a long trip to a family member’s house for a grad party was a big help and everyone couldn’t get over the fact that I had a cup that connects to Bluetooth. It was a big conversation starter for sure!
One lucky reader will win their own Ozmo Smart Cup thanks to Ozmo! (ARV $79.99)
Entering is simple using the widget below.
US Residents – Ends 5/19/16
Good Luck! 🙂
Rules: This giveaway is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other social media. The winner will be chosen randomly and contacted by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Open to US Residents ONLY. Daily Deals From a Nerd Mom and all bloggers involved are not responsible for prize shipment. Ozmo is in charge of shipping.