In celebration of the upcoming holiday season, Jenny Engel and Heather Goldberg of Spork Foods have created a delicious Pistachio Cranberry Sauce recipe that is easy to make and perfect for Thanksgiving and the upcoming holiday season! The recipe is nutritious, gluten-free, vegan, and something you will want to make all year long.
Pistachio Cranberry Sauce
- ¾ cups water
- ½ cup packed organic brown sugar*
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 10 oz fresh or frozen organic cranberries (2½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and zest of ½ lemon
- Dash sea salt
- ¼ cup Setton Farms roasted, shelled Pistachio Kernels (roughly chopped)*
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries*
- Heat a 2-quart sauce pot and add water and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add cinnamon stick, fresh or frozen cranberries, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Simmer covered until berries burst and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and add in diced pistachios and dried cranberries. Cook for about 1-2 minutes uncovered and remove from heat.
- Serve warm or allow to cool, then refrigerate sauce overnight.
- Pistachio cranberry sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead.