Children who continuously participate in sports are at a higher risk of breaking teeth or damaging gums. Athletes are incomplete without mouth guards. The custom fitted sports mouth guards are more popular, as it is the best way to protect the teeth. They protect the teeth from injuries like jaw fractures and may be even serious injuries of head and brain. How does the guard protect? It actually spreads out the force that will create impact. This helps to minimize the severity of the injury of both teeth and gums. It is a common thing for players of games such as football, basketball, softball, etc.
The mouth guards are of three types like:
· Stock mouth guards are an option but do not protect the teeth very well. This is because they are one-size fit guards.
· The other type is the boil and bite option or also known as a thermoplastic guard. This is used by boiling it in water and then the person has to bite down it to get only a semi-fitted feel.
· The custom fitted sports mouth guards are the best option and do not affect the speech and breathing. It is the most comfortable guard and dentists mostly prefer it.
The child who is involved in sports needs a protective equipment to avoid serious injuries. It is very important to protect the teeth that are more liable to get hurt and damaged. This will not only protect the teeth but also the cost of spending in serious dental injury. On the contrary, the cost of a custom sports mouth guards is just a fraction of the cost of repairing a dental injury.
Where can I get mouth guards?
There are two main ways to get mouth guards:
- Buy them over the counter at various stores. In many cases, sports stores will sell some kind of mouth guard that your child can use. Alternatively, some health stores or dental stores might also sell them.
- Get custom-made mouth guards from your dentist. You can speak to services like Airway Health or any other local dentist and they’ll help you create a custom mouth guard for your child.
A custom-made mouth guard is typically a little more expensive unless you’re able to get a discount on it. We suggest that you try some standard mouth guards first before you decide to use a custom one. Just keep in mind that custom mouth guards are more comfortable, will fit better to your child’s mouth and will generally be a more pleasant experience.
Why go for custom mouth guards?
· The advantage with custom sports mouth guards is specially created to protect the teeth against the damage. It can be either cracks or chips. They are not only professional athletes but also normal students who are involved in athletic activity. This device is highly beneficial for kids who are active in full-contact sports like football and hockey.
· They are comfortable and are prepared to fit the mouth specifically. The other benefit of the mouth guard is that you will be able to breathe easily and there will be no hindrance to speech. The child will be able to communicate clearly and will enjoy maximum endurance.
· The custom sports mouth guard fits in the mouth securely and stays intact. This helps the players to concentrate on the game only.
· The size of the guard can be fitted as per the size of the mouth. It is created with a professional touch.
· The best thing is that these guards are resistant to irritation if the gums are sensitive. The use of mouth guard will definitely reduce the risk of severity and dental injury. Hence, it is rated as a protector of the treat at the highest level.
· The player will only find some kind of discomfort if the sports mouth guard is worn. The players, especially children feel that it is a great investment and worth the expenditure.
If you invest in a custom mouth guard to protect the child’s smile, it is the best thing you are doing to make a difference in the oral health. Participation in sports is something that should never be discouraged for children but simultaneously the use of mouth guard will protect the smile for the child. There are certain safety needs that one should know to use the sports mouth guard. If you have any queries, you can contact the dentist online and get your valuable answers.
Like this post? Pin it for later!