Protect Your Child’s Smile with Mouth Guards
Children who continuously participate in sports are at a higher risk of breaking teeth or damaging gums. Athletes are incomplete without mouth guards. The custom fitted sports mouth guards are more popular, as it is the best way to protect the teeth. They protect the teeth from injuries like jaw fractures and may be even serious injuries of head and brain. How does the guard protect? It actually spreads out the force that will create impact. This helps to minimize the severity of the injury of both teeth and gums. It is a common thing for players of games such as football, basketball, softball, etc.
The mouth guards are of three types like:
· Stock mouth guards are an option but do not protect the teeth very well. This is because they are one-size fit guards.
· The other type is the boil and bite option or also known as a thermoplastic guard. This is used by boiling it in water and then the person has to bite down it to get only a semi-fitted feel.
· The custom fitted sports mouth guards are the best option and do not affect the speech and breathing. It is the most comfortable guard and dentists mostly prefer it.
The child who is involved in sports needs a protective equipment to avoid serious injuries. It is very important to protect the teeth that are more liable to get hurt and damaged. This will not only protect the teeth but also the cost of spending in serious dental injury. On the contrary, the cost of a custom sports mouth guards is just a fraction of the cost of repairing a dental injury.
Where can I get mouth guards?
There are two main ways to get mouth guards:
- Buy them over the counter at various stores. In many cases, sports stores will sell some kind of mouth guard that your child can use. Alternatively, some health stores or dental stores might also sell them.
- Get custom-made mouth guards from your dentist. You can speak to services like Airway Health or any other local dentist and they’ll help you create a custom mouth guard for your child.
A custom-made mouth guard is typically a little more expensive unless you’re able to get a discount on it. We suggest that you try some standard mouth guards first before you decide to use a custom one. Just keep in mind that custom mouth guards are more comfortable, will fit better to your child’s mouth and will generally be a more pleasant experience.
Why go for custom mouth guards?
· The advantage with custom sports mouth guards is specially created to protect the teeth against the damage. It can be either cracks or chips. They are not only professional athletes but also normal students who are involved in athletic activity. This device is highly beneficial for kids who are active in full-contact sports like football and hockey.
· They are comfortable and are prepared to fit the mouth specifically. The other benefit of the mouth guard is that you will be able to breathe easily and there will be no hindrance to speech. The child will be able to communicate clearly and will enjoy maximum endurance.
· The custom sports mouth guard fits in the mouth securely and stays intact. This helps the players to concentrate on the game only.
· The size of the guard can be fitted as per the size of the mouth. It is created with a professional touch.
· The best thing is that these guards are resistant to irritation if the gums are sensitive. The use of mouth guard will definitely reduce the risk of severity and dental injury. Hence, it is rated as a protector of the treat at the highest level.
· The player will only find some kind of discomfort if the sports mouth guard is worn. The players, especially children feel that it is a great investment and worth the expenditure.
If you invest in a custom mouth guard to protect the child’s smile, it is the best thing you are doing to make a difference in the oral health. Participation in sports is something that should never be discouraged for children but simultaneously the use of mouth guard will protect the smile for the child. There are certain safety needs that one should know to use the sports mouth guard. If you have any queries, you can contact the dentist online and get your valuable answers.
Like this post? Pin it for later!
23 thoughts on “Protect Your Child’s Smile with Mouth Guards”
My boys play sports and we enjoy using mouth guards. We haven’t progressed to the custom fit ones yet but those are on the agenda!
Mouth guards are so important for keep children’s teeth safe. I wish that we had know this when I was a kid!
I always used to wear one when I played hockey and they were great. So important to protect your teeth.
We’re seeing these being recommended even in middle school now, for sports that you wouldn’t previously consider. Our volleyball team wears them!
The custom sports mouth guard would be what I would get for my child if I had a child in sports. It is so important to protect their mouths and teeth. I will have to pass this on to my niece for her son who is in sports. Thanks for sharing the information.
I haven’t tried the custom made mouth guards yet, but might give it a try in the future to see and feel the difference.
I tried saving money with these over-the-counter mouthguards you boil and realized I was just throwing my money away. My son complained constantly that it hurt, it caused sores on his gums and half the time I would notice he wasn’t even wearing. Luckily our dentist in Austin, TX offers custom mouthguards and we ended up with one of those. I haven’t heard a single complaint about his new mouthguard and I make sure he is wearing it daily. I definitely think if you don’t have the budget a store-bought mouthguard would be worth it, but if you can it really does help to invest in a professional, custom-fit sports mouthguard.
I am always so nervous when my kids are playing sports. However, once I got them mouth guards in Katy, TX at M&G Family Dentistry near me, now I can rest easy knowing that their smiles are safe!
My junior loves soccer and he often falls on the field, resulting in a fallen tooth once. On our visit to Urbach Pediatric Dentistry in Houston, TX, the dentist got him a custom mouth guard, which he wears all the time while playing. I think mouth guards are immensely useful and important, especially for kids.
One of my colleagues got a custom sports mouth guard for her son from the Bloomfield Pediatric Dentistry in Bloomfield, CT and she’s been recommending it to me since then, for my sons. After reading your article, I’ve made up my mind finally!
I really like the concept of Mouthguards – they’re really helpful for children who are into sports. I got one of those custom made mouthguards from my dentist at Complete Dental Works in Teaneck, NJ. It is super useful and effective.
Why stop your child from participating in sports and events when you can get them to use mouth guards instead to prevent teeth from injuries like jaw fractures and may be even serious injuries of head and brain. The importance of a mouth guard is inevitable and if you’re still unsure then this blog is for you with all the required information about the type of mouth guards as well as the many benefits they come with.
Loved reading it!
Absolutely loved this post! I appreciate your efforts for writing such a post which consist of all the relevant info about the topic. Having read this I thought it was very enlightening. Thanks for sharing valuable information and it such a very helpful for me. Keep Posting Similar articles.
Thanks for sharing such an informative blog…..
Thanks for sharing this post here with us. Mouth guards are really very effective to protect our mouth.
Mouth guards is really a very important to kids for protecting their teeth.
Thanks for the informative article. Mouth guards is very helpful and protective for kids.
Thanks for sharing this blog here with us.
Yeah mouth guards are very effective
Our dentist in Davie provides custom mouth guards that comfortably fit and effectively protect your teeth. They are made specific to your mouth and will last much longer than store-bought mouth guards. Please contact our office if you’re interested in receiving mouth guards in Davie .
It’s essential to wear a mouth-guard to protect your teeth during high contact sports. Not only will they minimize the impact, but they will also reduce future dental bills and procedures. Our orthodontist near you provides custom mouth-guards in Edmonton. Please contact us for more detai
Mouthguards are an excellent way to protect your teeth and minimize the impact of a mouth injury. A custom mouthguard will be shaped to your teeth to ensure a comfortable fit and effective protection. Our dentist near you provides custom mouthguards in Cranbrook so you can play your favourite sports with ease.
If your kids is big into sports and loves getting dirty on the field, then mouth guards in Forest Lake are a must. Kids should be able to participate in the activities they love without us fretting about them getting injured. Mouth guards near you allow for this to happen!