Since most of our meals are made at home, it is very easy to get stuck rotating the same ones over and over again. Dinner is the hardest meal to come up with something different for us. We do not have very picky eaters here so it should not be this hard!
I have heard of Tater Tot Casserole but have never taken the time to actually try it out until recently. This version is an easy recipe to make & includes many ingredients that you most likely already have on hand. There are many different variations out there but this is how we’ve done it. You can easily switch up any ingredients to fit your taste. This recipe includes ground turkey but you can change it to ground beef if you prefer.
Also, we double the recipe for the 5 of us so I used our large casserole pan for it.
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn (or green beans or even mixed veggies)
- 2 C shredded cheese
- About 2 C tater tots (enough to cover the top)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brown & drain ground turkey & onion together
- Mix in cream of mushroom soup, veggies, & salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Lightly grease an 8-9 in. casserole dish
- Transfer the meat mixture to the casserole dish
- Sprinkle cheese all over the mixture
- Line tater tots on top making sure to cover the meat mixture
- Bake 35-40 min or until tater tots are golden brown & cheese is melted