Vegetable Beef Soup
Growing up, one of our favorite meals from my mom was her vegetable soup. It is so stinkin’ good that one year, a few years back, we all requested it for our Christmas get-together! I have made it many times for our own little family since getting married and I can eat so much of it in one sitting that I make sure to have my stretch pants on. Yes, it’s THAT good. Over the years, I have had my own versions of this soup. Not because I was trying to improve on an already awesome recipe, but because I was improvising with what I had on hand when the mood struck.
The latest version of this Vegetable Beef Soup is one that we had just the other day. I make a HUGE pot of this soup and it lasts no longer than 2 days after. My mom’s version does NOT include noodles and has large whole canned potatoes in it. Sometimes she even adds zucchini and squash…yum!
This recipe uses cans and frozen vegetables but other times we use fresh veggies if we have them on hand. It is so easy to turn this into the perfect pot of soup for your own family and use what you like best.
Vegetable Beef Soup
- 237 calories
- Fat 9 g
- Carbs 28 g
- Protein 13 g
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 14.5 oz. cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans of Tomato Sauce
- 6 Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 8 C Water
- 32 oz. Bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 7 oz. Macaroni Noodles (or a box of Mac & Cheese w/out the cheese packet) OR egg noodles
- 1/2 Onion
- optional: Shredded Cheese
- Brown Ground Beef with Onion; Drain
- Add ALL ingredients in a large pot (I use a stock pot)
- Bring to a slow boil until noodles are al dente
- Optional: Add shredded cheese to individual bowls
*If using noodles, the soup will thicken up as it sits longer. You can easily omit the noodles or use egg noodles instead.
3 thoughts on “Vegetable Beef Soup”
this looks really yummy .
Jess this sounds so yummy and healthy for the little ones.
I LOVE veggie soups! I will have to try this recipe out, thank you!