Originally posted on our homeschool blog, Benoit Academy
It’s been about a month since I wrote up a Weekly Wrap-Up post. I can’t believe it! I have some posts up in between this time so instead of a ‘weekly’ wrap-up I can do a ‘monthly’ wrap-up. (I’ll make it quick so I don’t bore you!) 😉
- Christmas was great for us. It usually lasts about a month since we have so much family that we can’t get together with all at once! You can read all about that here & here.
- We started back to school this week. It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be! Usually it takes a day or 2 to get things back in order after taking time off but we were in full swing Monday!
- J12 started working on a Victorian Era unit (at her request) so I was able to throw together a Webquest for her. It’s my 1st one ever & so far she loves it! When I heard, “Mom, you made this?!”, it kind of made me feel awesome!! She has until the end of this month to finish it & has to come up with a Powerpoint (unless she can think of another way that we both agree on) to show all that she learned. She is reading The Importance of Being Earnest, Sherlock Holmes, & The Time Machine. You can find all of them FREE for Kindle!
- L8 & M6 are continuing on with our Story of the World studies.
- And also their science. I found an old 2nd grade textbook recently in my garage & thought I should put in some more ‘formal’ science lessons. I added a little lapbook to go with our chapter on plants. You can find that here. And I found a cute little copywork book of a poem about plants but can’t remember where I found it!