Puro Sound Labs Kids Healthy Ears Wireless Headphones Review
I have another great set of kids headphones for review recently. The nerdlings can never seem to have enough around here between homeschool and PC games. This set is from Puro Sound Labs and they are the Studio Grade Kids Healthy Ears® Wireless Headphones. These awesome headphones have studio grade sound while protecting the child’s hearing!
Noise-induced hearing loss is 100% preventable; however prolonged exposure to sounds that are 85 decibels (dB) or above, such as loud music, is often the culprit. By placing an 85 dB volume limit on their headphones, Puro Sound is taking significant strides towards protecting children’s hearing against premature hearing loss. We are excited to work together to achieve the same goal of both educating and providing consumers with hearing-friendly solutions,” said Claire Schultz, CEO, Hearing Health Foundation. “We are looking forward to their continued support and their on-going efforts towards our collective cause.
Puro Sound Labs Kids Healthy Ears® Wireless Headphones
These “kid-friendly” Bluetooth headphones that we received for the review are a gorgeous shade of gold and tan. I love the sleek design and how it doesn’t look like a chunky, cheap looking set of “kiddie” headphones. With Healthy Ears® volume limiting Ear Protection max out at 85 dBA (decibels), it is the maximum level recommended by audiologists. This is because volume levels over 85 dBA have been known to cause hearing loss over time. Puro Sound Labs Kids Healthy Ears® Wireless Headphones are the first ever and only studio grade Bluetooth headphones made specifically for kids with Healthy Ears® Protection. For more info on hearing loss and safe listening levels, visit Hearing Health Foundation.
- DSP-based system actively monitors sound output to keep it safe at 85 dB (decibels)
- Puro Balanced Response equally balances bass, mids and highs, delivering clear, understandable vocal reproduction without excessive volume
- Freedom with Bluetooth wireless
- Background noise limited by up to 82% – even in noisy environments like an airplane, no need to turn it up.
- 18 hours battery life of music playback & 200 hours standby
- Durable and lightweight aluminum construction
- Puro Limiter cable to insure 85 dB sound limit with wired connection
- Integrated microphone for seamless use with a phone
- Puro EQ App for iOS – 16-band graphic equalizer enables further customization of sound to listening tastes
Included In The Box
- Puro BT2200 Wireless Headphones
- AC Adapter and Charging Cable
- Auxiliary 3.5 mm Audio Cable with Puro Limiter (85 dBA)
- Quick Start Guide
We mainly use the headphones on our laptop with the included wire but setting them up with a wireless device is simple. The sound quality is great for kids and adults! The only problem that we had with them was that my youngest daughter, who is 8 years old, complains that they hurt the outside of hers ears if she has them on for too long. They leave red marks on the outside of her ears near the top as if they are too small yet no one else has this problem. I find that rather odd since she is the smallest one here!
Where To Buy
PuroSound.com – $79.99
Colors – White/Silver OR Tan/Gold
Website // Facebook // Twitter