The other day was my husband’s birthday. One of his favorite meals that I make for us is homemade lasagna. I just received three jars of pasta sauce from Victoria Fine Foods so I wanted to surprise him when he came home from work. He was very surprised since I do not make it as often as he would like!
Hubs isn’t crazy about Ricotta cheese so I substitute cottage cheese in it instead but you can easily switch it back if you like. The sauce that I used was Roasted Garlic and it gave the lasagna such a great flavor without needing to add any extra seasonings! Victoria Fine Foods is an authentic pasta sauce manufacturer based in Brooklyn, New York. They use a slow, kettle-cooked approach to making their sauces, and they use fresh, real food/non-GMO ingredients that provide an authentic homemade sauce in a convenient, ready-to-eat form. The only other way to get it all natural is to make it from your own garden! We also received Marinara and Fradiavolo.
Because my baking dish is slightly smaller than the suggested 9″ x 13″ pan, I can only use 1/2 a box of lasagna noodles. For a larger pan, you will use the whole box along with the same amount of other ingredients. This makes our lasagna very saucy and cheesy! I have even made 2 lasagnas with this same recipe and froze one. That is a HUGE time saver and a quick dinner on those busy days! It is simple to adjust the recipe as you see fit. Also, to make it even faster & simpler, I use Oven Ready Lasagna noodles so I don’t have to boil them. Too much of a hassle trying to layer them!
Easy Lasagna Recipe
- 313 calories
- Fat14 g
- Carbs26 g
- Protein18 g
- 12 oz. package of Oven Ready Lasagna
- 24 oz. container cottage cheese
- 2 C shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- 24 oz. jar Victoria Fine Foods Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked & drained
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheese, & eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine sauce and ground beef. Mix well.
- In a 9″x13″ pan, spread 1 1/2 C of meat sauce. Place 1/3 of the lasagna over it. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the lasagna; top with 1/3 of the meat sauce. Repeat layering once. Top with remaining lasagna and sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Wrap tightly with a double layer of foil.
- Bake for 60 min or until lasagna is fork tender.
- Let stand for 10 min sealed in foil before serving.
Makes 9 – 12 servings
Find more dinner recipes here!
Giveaway Time! One lucky reader will receive 3 coupons for free jars of Victoria Fine Foods Pasta Sauce! Entering is simple using the widget below. Good luck 🙂 RULES: This giveaway is in no way administered, sponsored, endorsed by nor associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other social media. The winner will be chosen randomly and contacted by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. US only, ages 18+. Daily Deals from a Nerd Mom is responsible for prize shipment.