4th of July is coming and, for us, that means fireworks, grilling and some good ol’ outdoor fun like swimming! Grilling doesn’t have to just consist of the meat and veggies – you can also make some pretty grill-icious desserts as well. Here is a 4th of July: Red, White and Blue Dessert Quesadilla Recipe from GrillGrate that is just perfect for celebrating the 4th of July:
4th of July: Red, White, and Blue Dessert Quesadilla Recipe
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup of white chocolate morsels
- 1 Cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 Cup of fresh blueberries
- Ricotta cheese
- Confectioners sugar
Making the Filling:
- 8-ounce container whole ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
Whirl in a food processor. This makes the filling for two quesadillas.
Making The Quesadilla:
- Spread 1/3 of the filling on one tortilla (this is the bottom).
- Sprinkle semi-sweet morsels.
- Place 2nd tortilla on top.
- Spread a light film of filling.
- Decorate top with raspberries and blueberries.
- Add a few more white chocolate morsels.
Grilling the Quesadilla:
Medium Heat 400 F.
- Use a grilling spray or wipe the raised rails with oil.
- Slide the Quesadilla off the cutting board onto the GrillGrates. Close lid.
- Check in 3-4 minutes by slightly lifting an edge to see the sear marks.
- Quarter turn if dark searing or wait and quarter turn in 1-2 minutes. Close lid.
- Use The GrateTool to check for firmness of quesadilla. Crispy, firm is perfection.
- Determine whether to give it a couple of more minutes or off it comes onto the cutting board.
- Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Cut and Serve.